Basic Rules/Code of Conduct Aug 22, 2011 11:05:53 GMT -5
Post by Hayvn on Aug 22, 2011 11:05:53 GMT -5
Note: These rules set out both the code of conduct for this site and some of the possible consequences for not following them included in the paragraphs. Please read fully. I may offer a quiz on them at some point worth many marks or some kind of bonus.
1) Respect: Show respect to all the members of the Weyr. If there is an argument on any board it will be locked and reviewed if needed by staff. All members are welcome to contact any staff member regarding member conflict.[/blockquote]
2) Language: There is to be no swearing or obscene language on the boards rather in character or out of character. Pernese oaths are except able and may be used. (i.e. "Shard it!" "By the first egg!" "By the shell of my dragon's egg!")
In character, try not to discuss modern technology, but rather keep it as IC and close to Silence's canon as you can. Of course, you can be creative with in a Steampunk level. ^.~
3) Signatures: No mature signatures. Do not use anyone's username in your signature without their permission. Please do not include signatures with any inappropriate content or signatures about stalking or killing or anything of that nature. Make sure that they don't stretch the board, which means they should not be larger than about 250 pixels wide and try not to make them too thick, perhaps 100 to 200 pixels high. If you are unsure, ask.
4) Use of OoC-: When making out of character (OoC) remarks on an in character (IC) thread, please place your message inside parentheses. Keep OoC in IC threads to a minimum.
5) Plagiarism: Do not copy or use information from this site for another site. If you are interested in using a particular concept on another site please message the admin/staff.
6) Literacy: Please only use chatspeak sparsely and out of character. Do your best to write with good grammar and spell check your writing before posting in an in character thread. Posts must be at least one 7-10 sentence paragraph. If you are new to role playing, you are welcome to message the staff for writing advice.
7) Advertising: Do not advertise for other sites on any board except the advertising board. You may talk about other sites in relevant conversations (but do not publicly post links). However, you may talk about and link to our Sister Weyrs at any time.
8) Plots: Please do not start site wide plots without admin approval. Please message an admin to plan plots. To suggest a plot send a message with a brief description of what all is going on within it and what is supposed to happen in the very end as well as who your cohorts will be and what characters they may use then, from there, we can help you to orchestrate and involve the rest of the site.
9) Character Approval: Characters must be approved before they are allowed into the role play. Posts made with an unapproved character will be deleted. If I or the admins are gone for an extended period of time, characters may be approved on a temporary basis by a mod or another staff member. However, once an admin returns, the will go over and make sure all is in good order and will approve the character.
10) Relationships: Both homosexual and heterosexual relationships are permitted.
11) Political Arguments: Discussion of politics is not permitted on this site.
12) OoC- Use: Subtle or explicit mature content is not permitted anywhere on this site. Please be aware of the Pro boards TOS and remain within them.