Post by X on Aug 28, 2013 18:11:16 GMT -5
- That brand-new weyr smell. There are many opportunities to take on leadership roles, develop the plot, and make new friends!
- No ads! As long as our admins don't go broke, you can count on a roleplay free of accidentally clicking on advertisements and unleashing a virus onto your unsuspecting computer
- Frequent hatchings. If we have enough candidates, hatchings will run monthly, or at least semi-monthly.
- Mysterious new creatures have been spotted in the forests around Nostos... what could they be?
- Realistic Mutation Colors. So far, only red dragons have been discovered, but you can count on never seeing a quartz-tigers-eye hatching out of a Nostos clutch.
500 turns since AIVAS deactivated and the Red Star was blasted out of orbit, thread has returned to Pern. It falls rarely and unpredictably, with only 3 reports recorded in the past turn. Starcrafters believe that Rukbat has gradually pulled the Red Star back to a near-original, yet slightly erratic orbit after a massive meteor hit the foreign planet.
Nostos Hold, (formerly Ista, renamed when its population boomed in the 2800's) has decided to bring back its previous weyr, renaming it Nostos Weyr. It had laid empty for 300 turns following the end of threadfall as the dragon population plummeted, but has recently been refurbished and regained functionality. Nostos has brought in some of Pern's top dragonmen in hopes of rekindling the weyr and breeding a powerful race of threadfighting dragons.
However, many Pernese feel that Nostos is gaining too much power. Benden and Igen are suspicious of Nostos's recent rise to extreme wealth, especially due to their recent acquisition of two Fort clutches, one of which included a golden queen. How was Nostos able to convince Fort to give up clutches in a time of need? Why is Nostos recruiting only the best dragonmen? Where has it gotten the resources to resurrect an abandoned, run-down weyr?
For now, however, Pern is at peace. The focus is not on politics, but on collectively reviving a diminishing dragon population to save them from their age-old enemy, thread.
[align=center]|| ENTER NOSTOS ||[/b][/center]