Post by WBW admin on Jun 29, 2013 3:56:49 GMT -5
"No one really thought Thread would return. It had been gone for so long it was believed it was truly a thing of the past. An ancient terror now used only to frighten children. But we were wrong. Two Turns ago, the Red Star rose again and Thread began to fall, and no one was ready. Only one Weyr remained where once there had been six, and two hundred dragons wasn't enough to protect us all. But then the Weyrwoman of Benden found the missing Weyrs and brought them to us at the cost of her own life. We thought the dragonriders from the past were our saviours.
We were wrong about that, too. They saved us from Thread, but the price was too high. In the four hundred and fifty Turns since Thread last fell, times have changed. Society has changed. Pern has grown and flourished, women are considered equal to men, and people no longer unquestioningly provide whatever a dragonrider asks for. And the riders from the past didn't like that, so what they wanted, they started to take.
Benden Weyr disagreed with this, and begged the riders from the past in vain to try to adapt to what Pern had become. The Weyrleader was killed for his efforts, and the new Weyrwoman exiled to the new Weyr in the west. With her went many riders from Benden Weyr.
I think that I will join them.
I've been hearing so many stories from people all over Pern. Anyone that disagrees with the Weyrs is banished, abandoned in the wilderness of the Western Continent, but miles from the safety of the newly built Weyr. It's not just the thieves and the murderers... innocent people are left to die out there, just because they complain too much, or because they're lazy or insane. It's not right.
The rumours coming from High Reaches are even stranger. I don't want to believe they're true. They're so far-fetched, and so horrible. Something very dark is happening there. I need to go to Tillek Hold to find a ship that will take me to Western Bay Weyr. Maybe I can find the truth of these rumours on the way.
But I still have miles to go..."
Maliver, handler of blue Malisk
Western Bay Weyr is an AU 9th Pass Dragonriders of Pern roleplay, where Lessa died in the attempt to bring the Oldtimers through time, and where F'lar was later killed in a duel with Fort's Weyrleader. Benden's only remaining gold, together with any who supported her, were banished to the Western Continent when Fort Weyr usurped her position and took over Benden Weyr.
We are semi-canon; most of the rules of Pern still apply, but some things have been changed to make it more free for players to play their characters as they want.
This is what we're all about:
- Females can Impress anything but bronze dragons.
- Males can Impress anything but gold dragons.
- Sexuality does not affect Impression.
- Personality does not affect Impression.
- Creativity and activity does affect Impression.
- Non-canon colours for dragons, whers and firelizards! (What are they? Shhhh, it's a secret!)
- Contests for the Weyrwoman and the gold wherhandler.
- Lots of other open positions. All of them, in fact!
- A wher plot - the wherhandlers and wher candidates can't currently get to the Weyr because storms prevent the ship from sailing. But something's going on near Tillek Hold...
- A Weyr plot - to the south of the Weyr are the Black Mountains, where the Oldtimers have been depositing all their prisoners (and anyone else they don't like). Trouble is brewing...
- And the Weyrwoman's gold will soon rise to mate, which means later there will be eggs.